Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Attn rjaffey, can you identify this?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JT98CivicEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hey rjaffey, can you identify what this is?

    TPSmod

    TPSmod2

    It's your TPS mod! It's in a self contain unit which is completely based on your design and diagram http://www.artic.edu/~rjaffey/tps/relay-trick.gif
    I found a compact project box from Radio Shack to hold all the components, and allow all wiring to be done in the engine compartment. It works great to elminate part throttle detonation. I just want to thank you for such useful idea and design.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dbman96's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just a side note - if you want to really simplify this project, you can find a DPDT pressure switch and wire it such that the NC source is the TPS signal and the NO source is the 4.5V fixed signal. Works great and no 12V power required. I just happened to have a collection of pressure switches at work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JT98CivicEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! I think those pressure switches also come in adjustable form as well to activate at various pressure. Not that I need the TPS mod anymore because I'm getting ready to install a Hondata unit. I just thought it's worth mentioning, as some other folks might be benefited from the great idea.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks clean. Where did you mount the relay box?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dbman96's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah the switch I was using was fully adjustable DPDT... I could get it to switch anywhere from 5" vacuum to 5 psi boost and probably anywhere else if I wanted it to. I got best results on my turbo GSR with it switching just below atmospheric pressure.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JT98CivicEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by rjaffey:
    Looks clean. Where did you mount the relay box?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Since the enclosure is small, It sits nicely next to the battery.
    TPSmod3

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JT98CivicEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dbman96:
    Yeah the switch I was using was fully adjustable DPDT... I could get it to switch anywhere from 5" vacuum to 5 psi boost and probably anywhere else if I wanted it to. I got best results on my turbo GSR with it switching just below atmospheric pressure.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Cool! that's a nice range of adjustment. So where can I get one of those adjustable pressure switches? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dbman96's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let me see if I can find the manufacturer - if I had enough extras around I'd start sending them out myself, but it's kinda not my stuff... [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll check who makes them and you should be able to find a distributor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •